Last updated: December 20, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by you on any electronic device, named KeepMeHome.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to KeepMeHome Care and Companions LLC, 1340 Worthington Ridge, Berlin, CT 06037.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a mobile phone.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
- KeepMeHome Care and Companions LLC collects and uses your personal information such as name and phone number in order to create and administer your account.
- KeepMeHome Care and Companions LLC limits the collection of personal information collected to the minimum information necessary for its intended or relevant business purpose(s).
- When you download and/or use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and unique device ID.
- We collect client and caregiver GPS location-based information for the purpose of recording caregiver visit verification when arriving and departing from the client’s location.
We use mobile analytics to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the applications, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to and maintained on computers or servers located outside of your state or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
Updating Your Personal Data
You may update or amend your information at any time by signing in to your Account, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage your personal information. You may also contact us to request that we correct any personal information that you have provided to us.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
KeepMeHome Care and Companions LLC implements reasonable security measures and precautions to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Security measures include logical and physical access controls for user access to Personal Information, as well as technical security measures at the network, operating system and database layers.
When you enter your login information on our Service and we retrieve geo-location on our mobile application, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service is not meant to be used by children under the age of 18 without their parents express written consent. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18.
Links to Other Applications/Websites